Cinematic Title Sequence

 










1. What were you asked to make

We were asked to create a cinematic title sequence following a
tutorial on youtube.

2. How might this be useful to making your own title sequence

This will be useful when it comes to making my own title sequence because it
has taught me new skills in after effects which I did not know before.

3. Which font did you use, why

I used the font Azonix because it gave of a very dramatic feel which was fitting
for a cinematic title sequence.

4. How might a different font/look suit a different audience/film genre

I believe in this type of video, a cinematic title, the font plays a massive part is
giving off the idea of what the look/feel. For examaple, a cartoony, curvy font would probably give off a less cinematic vibe and more of a jolly light hearted one.

5. Did you need any help? If so, who did you turn to - peer/teacher/google etc?

Or did you solve it yourself with some playing around?

I did it by myself, other than referring to the tutorial we had to use.

6. What did you learn

I learnt how to make it look like light is directly reflecting off the text.

7. Detail 2-3 AE skills that you learned and how-tos that are transferrable to other projects 

I learnt how to create metallic 3D looking text within after effects.
In order to do this I used a variety of new (to me) effects.

I learnt how to use a reflection map and mattes to make it look like light is reflecting of a layer. 

8. Watch some varied title sequences and choose three to map out on Illustrator or Photoshop, on a timeline (I will explain this one!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spaceship

Titles/VFX